Sunday, October 18, 2015

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Day 2

So by the second day of our weekend trip, we had figured out the traffic situation a bit. Which means we woke up at three in the morning (that's 2am in Arizona time!).  Although it wasn't fun to be up that early, it was totally worth it. We got a parking spot that was decently close to the park, and everything was open at 4:30am. Morning glow was gorgeous and it was great to have another day watching the balloons launch.

Morning Glow :)


Sunrise over the Sandias


 The perfect way to sum up the end of the weekend

What We Ate:
Breakfast - Croissant from Dunkin Donuts
Lunch - Subway
Dinner - I was asleep by this time!

What I Was Glad I Brought:
Walking Shoes
Gatorade
A blanket - great for laying back and watching the balloons, also great for keeping yourself warm at four in the morning.

What I wish I brought:
Sunscreen
A sarong
(I totally got sunburnt while driving back to Phoenix! Apparently I can get sun burnt just by sitting in a car :/)

Would I recommend this trip:
Absolutely! Be prepared for a lack of sleep though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment