Monday, May 21, 2012

Puerto Viejo y más

(Puerto Viejo and more)

I had a long and fun weekend - so prepare for a long post with lots of pictures!

Another picture of my school

On Thursday (Jueves) we went to downtown San Jose. They have Payless stores here!

A typical Costa Rican meal - At the bottom a mix of potatoes, going clockwise, fried plantains (platanos), rice (arroz), chicken (pollo), beans (frijoles) and salad (ensalada).

This is what you get when you ask for an enchilada. This has potatoes inside, and sour cream (in Costa Rica - natilla)

Off to Puerto Viejo!
This was by the bus stop - I just think it's funny they tried to mimic Starbucks


Driving through rainforests

Banana Farm


Views of Puerto Viejo. There are a lot of bougainvilleas here, but also a lot of tropical plants, such as bananas.

The Carribean!



Pretty photos =)

Breakfast on Saturday - Toast with butter, guava jam and cream cheese. Yum!

Coconut Palm

False Bird-of-Paradise Plants

This tree grows grapes

There's a monkey (mono) in the middle of this picture. We saw about 10-ish of them climbing through the trees on our walk to the beach.

It's a bit hard to see, but there is a sloth chillin' in the middle of this photo. I saw three sloths in the wild in the National Forest!

Sloth again - he's looking at you!

This iguana is a master of disguise... he's in the center of the photo and is bright green. Even though I saw him in person (it took a couple  minutes to see him) and I knew I took this picture, it still took me a while to find him!

More pictures tomorrow!! Puerto Viejo was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. omg this is sooooooo cool!=D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so intrigued by your Musicmicetro name that I had to come and see your blog...actually your settings are at No-reply when I tried to respond, so I hopped over here!
    Gorgeous photos, and sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun and stay safe! Thanks for entering my giveaway at Lilypadquilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that I was no reply and thanks for telling me - I had no idea! I think it's fixed now though. =) Thanks for taking time to visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete